Mar 9, 2010

ANOTHER GREAT DAY AT WORK



Incase you don't know my current story or background, I work as a group training instructor at Gustavus Adolphus College, and today it was time for me to lead another session of the popular HIT-workout. HIT is and abbrevation for High Intensity Training, inspired by CrossFit but modified and adapted by Hanoi Fitness - in other words myself (first I wanted to draw some attention and incorporate my Swedish heritage in the name and call it Swedish High Intensity Training but unfortunately that shortening didn't really turn out ok=)...).
I'm a big fan of HIT myself and that's because of it's great composition being challenging and competitive, targeting the muscoskeletal (strenght), cardiovascular(endurance) and endochrine system (hormones), just to name a few positive aspects. I still have room for a few more participants at my HIT classes (offered on Tuesday's at 5.30 and Friday's at 4.30) but I also have to work around baseball, softball, basketball and lacrosse practice that are currently using the indoor facilities, at least for a couple more weeks.
Today's HIT class (always a different workout for variation) consisted of a 200 m Run - Pushups - Squats - Situps for 4 rounds total (most people finished around 17 minutes).
Normally I give recomendations on number of repetitions and leave it up to the participants to decide how many they think they can or want to do. I also record total time and number of repetitions/rounds for every workout to motivate, challenge and keep track of progression. I think having this kind of setup and structure, along with the fact that it's a fast pace, effective, time saving and fun workout, are the main reasons for it's popularity here at Gustavus. I'm already looking forward to next HIT class on Friday!=)

Henrik

No comments:

Post a Comment